Friday, July 2, 2010

ShahRukh – Gauri: The Real Love Story!!!!


She is someone whose husband has the whole nation wrapped around his little finger while she has him eating out of the palm of her hand. She is a television and a film producer. She plays a Queen to her husband, the ‘King of Bollywood’. She is a closet interior decorator and a super mom and is also a style icon for women across India. The person on the hot seat is non other than Gauri Khan.

Gauri feels lucky to have Shahrukh Khan as her hubby who is so much loving and caring person and in addition he is a star having the entire world at his feet. Gauri reveals all about their struggling days, Shahrukh's hardworking and rising to stardom. Gauri married to Shahrukh at the age of 21 when SRK was nothing and he was working hard to create a niche in Bollywood. Shahrukh has created a lover boy image and girls envy of Gauri as she has got Shahrukh as herhusband.

Shahrukh’s personal story can never be complete if one were not to talk about his romance and subsequent marriage with Gauri, the daughter of retired Major Ramesh Chhiba, who had been born a vegetarian, was a Hindu Brahmin, and even had a temple within his house. Shahrukh being a Muslim in India where religion plays a key role while deciding the destiny of marital alliances, his marrying Gauri whom he had met in 1984 and eventually married in 1991 was indeed a tough task to accomplish.

The relationship between the two had been kept under wraps, and understandably so because Gauri’s parents would not have accepted it. Or, so it seemed for quite some time even while the twosome continued to meet up for six long years. The youngest in a Punjabi joint family with around 15 members, that Gauriwould marry someone from her community was a foregone conclusion,

As for Shahrukh, he was willing to do anything to get her in his life, and it is said that he had entered Gauri’s household by posing as Abhimanyu during the girl’s birthdayparty. Abhimanyu…. Who? Yes! The character that Shahrukh had just started to play in thetelevision serial Fauji that was being directed by the retired Lieutenant Colonel Raj Kapoor. The serial based on life in the army had made Shahrukh’s character really popular, and people around even said that he looked quite a bit like Dilip Kumar when he attended the birthday party in Gauri’s house that day.

The story of Shahrukh and Gauri’s relationship continued to add a new chapter with every passing day, and not all of them were bliss-laden as is the case with all human relationships. He was tremendously, in fact uncomfortably possessive about his lady love, so much that hewould pick up a quarrel with her even if she let her hair down… literally. Finally, Gauri lost her cool and realized that she wanted to get away from the emotional bedlam in 1989. Without informing Shahrukh, she came down to Mumbai with her pals just a day after the former had celebrated her birthdayin his room by decorating it the best way he could have and giving her lots of presents,

It was when Gauri had left for Mumbai that Cupid shot that one decisive arrow. Shahrukh just had gone to the city of dreams where his love had gone, and he ended up telling everything to his mother who was supportive and open-minded as always. Not only did she give her son Rs 10,000, she also advised him to go to Mumbai and get his love back. Shahrukh went there with his friends, and what followed sounds like a chapter straight out of fictional romantic folklore.

In the huge city, he and his friends kept looking for Gauri, and especially around the beachees because of his awareness that she was attracted to them in a big way. After searching frantically, SRK managed to track her down once the duo saw each other, they embraced each other and started crying. That was the defining moment in their relationship, because it was clear to both of them that they need to be with each other all their lives.

When asked about SRK being totally self-made, she says, "It's amazing and we thank God every day for whatever we have. But I think Shah Rukh is extremely hard working so he deserves every bit of it."

On being the rock behind SRK she says, "Actually, that's not true because I was not too happy about him coming to Bombay. I didn't even know when he became a star. It was very shocking for me firstly to be here and films and everything. It was very difficult. And I actually did not want his films to do well. I thought if it flopped, wewould back to Delhi.”

“Because you know when you are so young I got married when I was 21everything was so new that for me it was like everything should flop." About their relationship she says, "He was the firstperson I met and went out with. And he has been the only man."

The star wife states, " If today he says I don’t want to act and be just a director or producer I’ll be fine with whatever he’s happy with. I’d rather have him with kids; spend more time at home thatwould be better for me.”

When asked if it was true that Gauri and Shahrukh had to fight to be together. She confirms, "Yes, my parents were obviously not for it because we were so young and then to take a decision to get married to aperson who was going to join films and also from a different religion.”

“We even changed his name to Abhinav to make them feel he was a Hindu boy that was really silly and childish." She adds, "It's been an amazing journey. When I came to Bombay it was very difficult. I enjoyed every bit of it but it was so new and life was very different.

But we went back very often to Delhi in the beginning. We stayed at Aziz Mirza's place for six months. “It was very sweet of him and then we rented an apartment and there was nothing. My mom came from Delhi and there was no bed, no sofa no chair, just a kitchen. She was shocked to see me like that."

Does she remember the date SRK bought her the first diamond, she says, "I bought it myself! I grabbed it actually. I'm quite a grabber. He doesn't have to gift me anything."

The couple loves watching the TV show Desperate Housewives. "He loves to watch Desperate Housewives with me," says Gauri.

Do they miss their simple times, SRK says, "No I don't miss them. People ask me this question very often but I don't miss going and having chaat in Gol Market, I've never wanted to eat pav bhaji on Chowpatty either. I'm very happy being a star. I love what comes with it. I also appreciate the hard work I have to do for it I really enjoy it."

2 comments:

  1. KING KHAN...... King of the World & great hero of Bollywood......your name is Khan....and you are very SMART,COOL,HANDSOME...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wat a story kash mein gauri hoti

    ReplyDelete