Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Conversation with King's wife Gauri Khan


Her husband has the nation wrapped around his little finger while she has him eating out of her palm, she is a television and a film producer, a famous interior decorator, IPL team owner, and the wife of one of the most influential man in India – the biggest superstar in bollywood meet Shahrukh Khan’s wife Gauri Khan. Paras Sharma of FilmiTadka got the opportunity to meet the queen. Gauri thanks a lot for sparing time for this interview with FilmiTadka.

Gauri so tell us, you and Shahrukh are totally self-made; it must be an incredible high to achieve so much at such a young age? Absolutely, I mean we thank god every day for whatever we have but I think Shahrukh is extremely hard working so he deserves every bit of it. (But you have stood like a rock all this while?) Well actually that is not true because I was not too happy about him coming to bombay, and I didn’t even know when he became a star, it was very shocking for me to be here in mumbai, films, etc, it was very difficult, and I actually didn’t want his films to do well, I always thought that if his films flop then I will go back to Delhi. Because when you are so young, you don’t know anything (Gauri and SRK married at the age of 21), I didn’t know anything about films, how the whole thing works.

So Gauri when was it that Shahrukh told you that he wants to conquer the bollywood? Well I don’t think that he has conquered it, there is more to conquer; besides I don’t think that there ever was a thought behind, actually from his very childhood Shahrukh was very ambitious in his school in his college whether academics, football, hockey, drama whatever ever he touched it turned out to be gold, so I think I chose the right guy, and that was smartness.

Gauri I am quite sure that you guys go to various parties, so just imagine that there is this busty blonde bimbette with whom Shahrukh is dancing and also there is a hunk with whom you are dancing, so what happens, who reacts, who gets possessive, who feels jealous? Well I would say Shahrukh dancing with someone.... well done! And I dancing ummm.....well it depend with whom I am dancing, however Shahrukh is not comfortable with it, and the reaction comes always immediately.

So Gauri tell me, Shahrukh is this huge media figure, he is in news every hour, and you are always media shy, always in the background, why so? Well it is not about being media shy, first of all I am not a media figure, second thing is that whenever you are in media you should have something to say, after a time you are out of issues to discuss, and I don’t like sticking to media just for the heck of it, after you should have something to talk with them.

Shahrukh has everything in bollywood, what do you think about him performing in Hollywood? I am happy with whatever he wants, and if you ask me, then even if Shahrukh tells me that I am retiring as an actor and I will just be a producer or director, I am fine with it, and rather I would have him home just with me and kids.

Gauri tell me more about your marriage, It has been written in past as well that it was against your parents? Yes of course, I mean we were hardly 21, first of all marrying at such an early age then he was Muslim and I was Hindu, other thing was that he was joining the film line, which not considered good in our family. My parents even changed his name to “Abhinav” while marrying me, so that they think that it is a Hindu boy to whom they marrying their daughter.

How was it initially in the Mumbai? Well as I told you I was not happy with being in Mumbai, rather I wished every day that his film should flop and we get to go back to Delhi, but pulled it through, we lived in Mr. Aziz Mirza’s house for six months and then we rented an apartment to ourselves. I still remember that once my mother came to see us, and she was shocked as there was not even a bed, no chairs, nothing, and she asked me that how are you living? This is ridiculous you can at least get a bed, so I said this is the gadda sleep on it, I told her that we are shifting to a new flat in a month and then we will do our shopping, but then that one month stretched to another year, but we moved into our own apartment.

So how does your mother react now as you own one of the biggest and most spectacular bungalows in Bombay with beautiful panoramic view? See it definitely feels great but it all happened so gradually that there was no point of a reaction, my family members saw us evolve from a rented apartment without furniture, then our own apartment then the one with furniture and then “Mannat”, it was nothing overnight.

How does your children react to their father, tell me something about them? Well Aryan is 12 years old and Suhana is 9, so they don’t watch news on the TV or read newspapers so that they can know that their father is in news every moment, but yes, they are well aware of who Shahrukh is.

Shahrukh lost his parents at such an early age that he spoils them rotten, I am often known as the complaint box in home.

Gauri thanks a lot for sharing your time with us, and it was wonderful having you here. So guys please tell us how did you like the interview? also don't miss to check out Gauri Khan's picture on.

No comments:

Post a Comment