Wednesday, March 10, 2010

'Smack That' Shah Rukh tells Akon


International R&B singer Akon sang his popular number "Smack That" at a party here hosted by Shah Rukh Khan as it was the Bollywood superstar's favourite song.

"Shah Rukh has requested me to sing 'Smack That' at the party, " Akon told reporters here Monday night. The party was hosted by Shah Rukh ahead of the Indian Premier League (IPL) matches. The superstar is the co-owner of the Kolkata Knight Riders IPL team.

"My kids love him, I love him. I want you all to give him the biggest welcome into the country that anyone has ever had, " said Shah Rukh who danced with his favourite singer on the stage.

According to a source, Akon might lend his voice for a song in Shah Rukh's upcoming action blockbuster "RA 1".

But Juhi Chawla, Shah Rukh's partner in the IPL team, was hearing Akon for the first time.

"Actually I will be seeing him for the first time, performing live. I haven't listened to his song before. I have come as a guest in this party, so I really don't know what exactly has been planned for tonight. It will be a surprise for me as well, " Juhi said before the party.

Saurav Ganguly, captain of the Kolkata Knight Riders, was also present at the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment