Thursday, March 11, 2010

I am not competing with SRK: Aamir


Now that My Name Is Khan's collections is much less than that of 3 Idiots, do you think that the debate over which Khan rules is finally laid to rest?
(Laughs). There was never any war of supremacy so there is no question of starting or stopping any debate. I am not competing with him (Shah Rukh Khan). I never raised those questions so the answers do not interest me. For me the people who rule the industry are Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, Lata Mangeshkar as I idolise them as an audience. I love Shammi (Kapoor) uncle too as it's a different style and I also love Nargisji (Dutt) and Waheedaji (Rehman).

These days SRK and you are not passing any comments against each other.
(Laughs). I have never commented about him and I don't want to start now. I used to respond only to comments he passed about me.

What is your relationship with him now?
He came to the premier of 3 Idiots and we have spoken on the phone after that once or twice. We don't interact much and there is no marked difference in our relationship. It's still the way it has always been - cordial.

3 Idiots is also the biggest hit in the overseas market. However there were constant comparisons between 3 Idiots and MNIK. Does it disturb you ?
It doesn't disturb me as you can't change facts and the trade knows it all. I can fool the people who do not know the business but I can't fool you as a journalist as you know the facts. The most important thing for me is to be a part of a film which not only entertains but also make a difference. The fact that 3 Idiots gave students or parents a different point of view and had a positive impact is enough for me. I don't get any satisfaction by numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment