Saturday, November 6, 2010

SRK's name is enough to create buzz: Juhi Chawla



The actress we are talking about needs no introduction. Goddess of beauty, extremely talented, charismatic and above all down to earth, Juhi Chawla reaches at the age when actresses lose their identity, but this damsel still flutters millions of hearts all over.

Juhi has shared a beautiful association with King Khan, Shahrukh Khan. On his birthday, she was extremely thrilled to be present at the music launch of Shahrukh Bola Khoobsurat Hai Tu, a film by Makrand Deshpande.

Juhi had a hearty talk discussing about Shahrukh’s charisma and how Shahrukh the name itself can work wonders for Shahrukh Bola Khoobsurat Hai Tu.

Shahrukh Bola Khoobsurat Hai Tu sounds interesting. What do you gauge from the promos?
I loved the concept. Shahrukh Bola Khoobsurat Hai Tu comes across a refreshing change in the midst of larger than life movies made in Bollywood. It has no pretensions but a simple tale of street girl. I loved the simplicity of the film which has its’ heart and soul at the right place. The very concept of superstar Shahrukh Khan complimenting a street girl who turns her life upside down is very impressive.

Have you ever felt that way when Shahrukh would compliment or admire you? What has been the best compliment you have received from SRK so far?
Humm, that’s’ really a difficult one. I can’t recollect any particular one. I think Shahrukh is so charismatic that each time he compliments one, one feels on the top of the world. No wonder, Makrand Deshpande has chosen him for the film that brings a great change in the life of a street girl, among other superstars in the tinsel town.

You are a part of one of the series of I Am directed by Onir which is doing rounds of film festivals. What kind of response have you got so far?
Well, it has been overwhelming. I complete believe in Onir’s creation and was stunned after watching all the four films. Trust me, they are really eye openers and I’m looking forward to its’ release in India.

Shahrukh Bola…too has gone to festivals. Any idea how is it doing there?
Well, I have heard a lot about the film and all good things. And after watching the promos today, I have got a confirmation that it will work wonders after it’s’ release. Makrand has managed to touch the right chords and I wish him all the best for the film.

But don’t you think, just a glimpse of Shahrukh Khan and then no stars in the film will make things difficult for the makers to promote it?
I don’t agree with you because the title itself creates loads of curiosity to go and watch the film. I think Shahrukh in the title is enough to create a buzz. Moreover, as I said earlier, promos are brilliant and invokes one to have a watch atleast once before they come down to a conclusion. I think these factors are enough to bring cine-goers to cinema halls.

Whats’ your take on the music of the film considering you listened to few songs sung live by Jagjit Singh and Vasudha Sharma?
Oh, its’ simply amazing especially when you listen to Jagjit Singh live. He is a maestro and I feel proud as an Indian to have prolific singer like him in our country. As far as music of Shahrukh Bola…is concerned, its’ situational, soothing to ears and refreshing in terms of beautiful ghazals one seldom happen to listen nowadays in films. Vasudha the music composer cum singer is brilliant and hope, her career touches new heights after the release.

Lets’ come to Juhi Chawla now, whats’ the secret behind of ever-green fitness, beauty and charisma?
Well, I have gained loads in terms of weight, so I’m no longer fit. As far as charisma is concerned, charisma has nothing to do with age. I love to put smile on my face each time I meet people. One should be peaceful inside no matter how many hardships one comes across. That’s the secret (chuckles).

Lastly, how did you celebrate Diwali?
First of all, I wish all my readers a very happy belated Diwali and a prosperous new-year ahead. As far celebrations are concerned, there was nothing special that we did. It began with Laxmi pujan and then playing cards with friends who came over to our place.

No comments:

Post a Comment