Wednesday, March 16, 2011

''Ra.One'’s VFX supervisor wants credit for his 750-strong team.



Star-producer Shah Rukh Khan is leaving no stone unturned to ensure that his superhero sci-fi fantasy, RA.One, is a one-of-its-kind Hindi film. Recently, director Anubhav Sinha got a mail from his VFX producer, Keitan Yadav, stating that officially 750 people were working on the visual effec related stories

Anubhav reaction was, “I love my team, I love my kafila. Shah Rukh and I started dreaming about RA.One four years ago, and today such a large number of talent is colouring that dream. I can never thank them enough.”

The team has been picked from across five countries, including India, Canada, France, Thailand and the US. And at least five of them, Anubhav, Keitan, Jeff Kleiser, the lead VFX supervisor, Harry Hingorani another supervisor, are on video conference everyday at the oddest of hours because of the time difference.

Anubhav admits that both Shah Rukh and he are making this film primarily for their kids. “Shah Rukh’s son Aryan is 13, and his daughter Suhana is 10, while my son, Shlok, is nine. Every father wants to be a superhero in the eyes of his child,” he muses. “It’s a cycle. As a parent you go beyond your capabilities to make your child proud of you. And then, when the child grows up, he or she goes beyond his capabilities to make his parents proud of him. It’s my turn now, both as a father and a son.”

Just before the film’s first look was unveiled, Anubhav left on a 10-day, much-needed break. On his return, he was prepared for some negative reactions because Shah Rukh has never been presented like this before. “SRK’s blue look has been universally acceptable,” he exults, quick to dismiss speculations about RA.One being a ‘desi’ Avatar. “But if it does even half the business of James Cameron’s sci-fi adventure, I’ll be a superhero.”

In this age of sequels, will we see a RA.Two? “Why not?” retorts Anubhav. “Sequels are in vogue, and this one is designed as a franchise. But there’s still time for Part 2. Right now, I’m so busy with RA.One that I have no time to eat or sleep. I haven’t even had a drink in months.”

Thanks- Hindustan Times

No comments:

Post a Comment