Monday, February 14, 2011

What’s missing? An Oscar on Shah Rukh Khan's shelf



In January and February, the glam world is abuzz with awards excitement, especially the upcomingOscar Awards (Feb 27). And unlike most B-Town actors, superstar Shah Rukh Khan makes no bones of wanting to win an Oscar, someday! Ask him about all the talk and spoofs around his obsession with the Oscars, and he assures us that every bit of it is true. He says that it is the only thing he has not achieved in his life.

“I live life king-size in my head. And yes, I think I can do with an Oscar. No dream is big enough and for me, this hold true all the time,” says the superstar.

Khan says that he has created shelves in his house exclusively for the awards that he receives. “I love getting awards and I am not ashamed to admit it.When I look at those shelves, I realise that an Oscar will look good there,” says the actor.

Khan dismisses all talks around former friend, film-maker Farah Khan, who spoofed his obsession for Oscar in her last film Tees Maar Khan. He says he wants to achieve things for the sake of his children — daughter Suhana and son Aryan.

“It feels really good when I bring home an award for them—they give me a big hug. I don’t care what others are saying or doing. I have never cared about it in my life. I am happy living in the world that I have created for myself. I want to do things for the sake of my children. I don’t think I need anybody else’s approval in my life,” says Khan.

May be that is the reason he has not settled for less when it comes to his own films. Shah Rukh reveals that he has employed the services of 10 Oscar-winning technicians who will come down and train the staff at his own production house to ensure that his upcoming film has the best post-production (special effects et al).

“I don’t want to settle for anything less. I have sought the services of at least 10 Oscar-winning technicians who will come and train our staff before they start the post production of my film. It (the film) is my baby and I want just the best for it,” he informs.

No comments:

Post a Comment