Saturday, January 22, 2011

"In the world of Play Station & X-Box, you cannot miss Ra.One" - Arjun Rampal



The man is happy, he is thrilled, and he is back with a vengeance for yet another award winning role. Yes, I am talking about India's finest looking actor, Arjun Rampal.

Arjun is on a winning spree since two years. Rock On gave him the National Award and the Best Supporting Actor award and Raajneeti gave him the Best Supporting actor award and still counting.

After winning the Zee Cine Awards 2011, Rampal said, "I am really happy today. It all goes to show that audiences haven't given up on me yet. They love my work and I feel I'm at my peak and doing few films but good films, and Ra.One is one of them."

When you meet Rampal now-a-days, he isn't a changed man after winning acclaims and awards, oh no! He is rather more confident, more agile and more supportive of new ideas which he thinks will benefit the Indian Film Industry.

A few months ago when I visited the actor at his Bandra residence, he had just returned from his work out session. Seeing him all pumped up made him look like some kind of a machine had entered the house. The actor is holding his most desired look close to his heart. He just can't let out his brooding image of Ra.One out, not just yet.

Rampal quotes, "I am looking forward to Ra.One the most because I'm playing the central character called Ra.One. It's a never before seen action film. It will redefine a lot of things, including myself. I can't get more evil than this character and I don't think I ever will."

He further adds, after sipping his favourite black coffee, "What Krissh did to Bollywood, Ra.One will do the same, I feel. It's going to attract a lot of kids and teens. In the world of Play station and X-Box, this is a film they cannot miss. It's more like you are playing the game when you see the film."

It's something that I cannot reveal just yet, but would love to share a special moment with you all. Arjun Rampal gets up, walks a distance and tells me, "Do you want to see my look in Ra.One?"

Within a fraction of a second I say, "Of course yes". He turns, and brings some of his stills from the film. I couldn't believe what I just saw. To make matters funny, Arjun kept looking at my face for the different expressions I'd give. Jaw drops, eyes wide open, etc. But the final result was a man looking like a mean machine. That's all I can reveal.

Come Diwali, witness Rampal as Ra.One, the most feared man to walk the planet and expect a ferocious performance from an actor who is simply getting better with age and with each film.

No comments:

Post a Comment