Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ady Putra to star alongside Shah Rukh in "Don 2"



BOLLYWOOD, take note — here comes Ady Putra!

The amazingly talented local actor is to star alongside Shah Rukh Khan in a big-budget flick entitled Don 2.

“When my agent called me up last month and said I got the part as Shah Rukh’s lawyer, my first reaction was ‘Are you sure they’ve got the right Ady?’ Wow, it was truly unexpected,” the hunky actor tells The Daily Chilli.

The 29-year-old, known for his bad boy roles in hit Malay movies like Anak Halal and Histeria, auditioned for the role in Kuala Lumpur in the middle of the year.He was informed that he was “the chosen one” last month.

“I went for a casting call handled by one of the production houses in KL,” Ady recollects.

“I’m thankful to Allah for the opportunity and the happiness that comes with it.”

He may be a Singaporean by birth, but Ady, who is married to a Malaysian, calls KL his home these days. “I’m in the process of getting my Malaysian PR soon,” he said.

Don 2, an action thriller, is the sequel to the 2006 blockbuster hit Don. It also stars Bollywood hotties Priyanka Chopra and Lara Dutta.

According to Ady, his part will be shot on Feb 15 and 16 in Sungai Udang, Malacca.

As part of his preparation for Don 2, the actor says he’s got to beef up his body. “You have to be in physically good shape if you want to be in a Bollywood film,” he said. “It’s a prerequisite.”

No comments:

Post a Comment